Description & Routing
On this short safari you will visit Tarangire National Park and Lake Manyara National Park, which are two of the most popular parks in Tanzania’s northern safari district.
The trip will start in Tarangire National Park, enriched with a landscape adorned with massive baobab trees and famous for its large herds of elephants. On the second day you will visit Lake Manyara National Park, which is enriched with a great biodiversity, and where the large lake covers most of the national park’s area
||Moshi/Arusha – Tarangire National Park
||Walking safari (1.5-2 hours), Game drives
||Lake Manyara Kilimamoja Lodge, Manyara
||Lake Manyara Nationalpark- Moshi/Arusha/Airport
||Extensive game drives, Transfer
Day 1: Tarangire National Park
After breakfast depart for Tarangire National Park from Arusha with packed lunch, approximately 4.5 hour from Moshi/2 hours from Arusha to Tarangire National Park.
Upon arrival you will be introduced to an armed ranger, who will take you on a guided walking safari lasting approximately 1.5-2 hours. This tour gives you the opportunity to see the nature and wildlife of the national park in a completely different way. After this walking safari return to the vehicle and proceed with game drives in Tarangire National Park, famous for its large population of elephants. In the late afternoon you will leave Tarangire and drive to Lake Manyara Kilimamoja Lodge, where you will spend the night.
- Activity: 1.5-2 hours walking safari, Game drives.
- Overnight: Lake Manyara Kilimamoja, Manyara.
Day 2: Lake Manyara National Park
After breakfast you will head towards Lake Manyara National Park. After a drive of approximately 45 minutes, you will arrive at the national park. After your guide has cleared the paperwork at the main entrance, the day’s adventure will begin. Safari through the park’s evergreen forest and the open grasslands, to the lake, Lake Manyara, as well as to the end of the park, where you can see the park’s hot springs. The safari in this park’s landscape is truly unique. Later in the afternoon you will leave the park and drive back to Moshi/Arusha or your guide will drive you to the airport.
Optional: Maasai cultural interaction (1 hour)
- Activity: Extensive game drives, Transfer.
- Comfortable 4×4 Vehicle Customized for Game viewing, unlimited miles.
- English Speaking Guide (Please request for other language Speaking Guides French/Chinese/German, supplement $25 per day subject to availability).
- Full board accommodation in safari class lodges and tented camps (Subject to availability).
- Park fees, Conservation fees (Please request for reduced rates for Kid below 15 years).
- Walking Safari.
- Armed Ranger for walking safari.
- Bottled Water.
- Air Ambulance Cover from AMREF Flying Doctors.
- Airport Transfers (can be arranged).
- Accommodation before and after safari (can be arranged).
- Tips (we recommend $10-$15 per person per day to the guide, $5-$10 per walk to the armed ranger on the walking safari).
- Travel insurance.
- All items of personal nature.
- Beverages and Laundry except where shown.
2021 & 2022 prices
|No. of PAX in one group
|Price pr. person
Please contact us for family safari with children discount.
Maasai Cultural Interaction