Description & Routing
With this two-day safari you will visit Tarangire National Park, known for its unique nature with its massive, ancient baobab trees. Next, you will proceed to one of the natural wonders of the world. The largest intact crater in the world, the Ngorongoro Crater, which houses many animals and where there is the best chance of spotting the black rhino.
||Moshi/Arusha – Tarangire National Park
||Walking safari (1.5-2 hours), Game drives
||Lake Manyara Kilimamoja Lodge, Manyara
||Ngorongoro Crater – Moshi/Arusha/Airport
||Crater floor game drives, Transfer
||End of tour
Day 1: Tarangire National Park
After breakfast depart for Tarangire National Park from Arusha with packed lunch, approximately 4.5 hour from Moshi/2 hours from Arusha to Tarangire National Park.
Upon arrival you will be introduced to an armed ranger, who will take you on a guided walking safari lasting approximately 1.5-2 hours. This tour gives you the opportunity to see the nature and wildlife of the national park in a completely different way. After this walking safari return to the vehicle and proceed with game drives in Tarangire National Park, famous for its large population of elephants. In the late afternoon you will leave Tarangire and drive to Lake Manyara Kilimamoja Lodge, where you will spend the night.
- Activity: 1.5-2 hours walking safari, Game drives.
- Overnight: Lake Manyara Kilimamoja Lodge, Manyara.
Day 2: Ngorongoro Crater
After breakfast you will drive towards the Ngorongoro Crater. The entrance to the park is on the edge of the crater and the road down to the crater floor is steep. On the way down you will pass a vantage point where your guide will stop and give a briefing. Here you can enjoy the amazing view of this worldwide wonder. Ngorongoro is the largest unbroken crater in the world and is home to over 25,000 animals including the black rhino. Move down this 610 m deep crater for a fantastic safari on its crater floor. Later in the afternoon you will leave the park and drive back to Moshi/Arusha or your guide will drive you to the airport.
Optional: Maasai cultural interaction (1 hour)
- Activity: Crater floor game drives, Transfer.
- Comfortable 4×4 Vehicle Customized for Game viewing, unlimited miles.
- English Speaking Guide (Please request for other language Speaking Guides French/Chinese/German, supplement $25 per day subject to availability).
- Full board accommodation in safari class lodges and tented camps (Subject to availability).
- Park fees, Conservation fees (Please request for reduced rates for Kid below 15 years).
- Walking Safari.
- Armed Ranger for walking safari.
- Bottled Water.
- Air Ambulance Cover from AMREF Flying Doctors.
- Airport Transfers (can be arranged).
- Accommodation before and after safari (can be arranged).
- Tips (we recommend $10-$15 per person per day to the guide, $5-$10 per walk to the armed ranger on the walking safari).
- Travel insurance.
- All items of personal nature.
- Beverages and Laundry except where shown.
2021 & 2022 prices
|No. of PAX in one group
|Price pr. person
Please contact us for family safari with children discount.
Maasai Cultural Interaction