Description & Routing
Marangu Route is the oldest track and most established route of them all on Mount Kilimanjaro. The Marangu Route is also known as the “Coca-Cola” route and is one of the most popular routes. Also considered to be the easiest path to climb Mount Kilimanjaro given its direct path and gradual slope.
Mega Adventures offers one day hike on the Marangu Route, designed for those who wish to explore the magical beauty of Mount Kilimanjaro.
The day hike can be done with people of different ages and level of fitness including children.
Distance from Moshi
After breakfast depart at 7:30 am with your guide to Mount Kilimanjaro National Park Marangu route entrance gate. After clearing out with the permits embark into the hiking trail that leads into the beautiful rain forest of Mount Kilimanjaro. Arrive Mandara hut in time for lunch. Enjoy your packed lunch and optional for an additional 1 hour round trip hike to Maundi crater where you may be lucky to witness the peak of Mount Kilimanjaro on a clear day. Later on descend down to Mandara Hut and further to Marangu gate. Your driver will transfer your accommodation in Moshi approximately 1.5 hour drive from Marangu gate.
- Transfer to and from the accommodation in Moshi to start and exit gate.
- Park fees for non-resident (please request reduced rate for kids below 15 years).
- Pre-briefing at you hotel/hostel in Moshi on the day prior to the hike.
- Lunch box.
- Tips to guide and driver (recommended tipping is $10 per guide).
- Travel insurance.
- All items of personal nature.
- Beverages except where shown.
- Personal mountain climber gear (available for hire).
Hiking shoes/sneakers, rain jacket, fleece jacket, day pack, sunscreen and hiking water bottle 3 L capacity (disposable plastic water bottles are not allowed)
|NO. of PAX in one group
|Price pr. person